Walks with the Cats
Stop press! Kidney disease is one of the main causes of death in cats, yet the real causes are unknown. But there is lots of speculation. If you have a cat, please fill in our form on kidney failure, diet etc.
which will give some real statistical evidence.
Walks with our cats - a photo gallery
Since we both like walking, as do the cats, we tend to take them with us a lot. Unfortunately the the children do not seem to enjoy walking quite so much, which does limit our scope! Nowadays most of our walks are at our holiday cottage in the Forest of Dean there's a blog of our times there with the pets.
This list is (partly for my own benefit!) a list of walks we have done and where we have photos so which I can present on this www site. These walks are generally interesting photographically - as well as being nice walks, but are generally not so well known. One of the problems of taking cats for walks is that, because it is unusual, one tends to get stopped a lot, which can greatly slow progress. It therefore becomes more necessary to avoid very popular walks. Perhaps that's why I've never seen anyone else walking their cats - though I know of others do do so. If you walk your cat and want to add to the site, please use the contact button, or join the mailing list and discuss it.
It will take quite a time (and a lot of www space) to write these walks up and sort and process the photographs, but if you are interested, use the contact button.
Many walks are listed, with photos, near the cottage we own in the Forest of Dean, Gloucestershire.
In the list below I will give map references in the form (200 - SX 059 573) where
- 200 is OS map number. 1:50000 Landranger series
- SX 059 573 is the standardised grid reference
- Burwell Priory Wood with Flora and Fauna
- Crowhall Farm with Misty and Xanna
- Elsworth Meadows with Cleo
- Quy Fen with Candy and with Misty
- Camel Trail, Boscarne (200 - SW 042 675) with Misty and Xanna
- Camel Trail, Hellandbridge) (200 - SW 064 715)
- Luxulyan valley (200 - SX 059 573) with Misty and Xanna
- Lanhydrock House (201 - SW 08 63) with Misty and Xanna
- Porth Joke and Holywell beaches with Misty and Xanna
- Dovedale with Misty and Xanna
- New Forest currently photos only of our late cat Misty in the New Forest
- Aspal Close 21st March 2010
- Ampton Water with Misty
- Bradfield Woods with Misty
- Cavenham Wood with Misty
- Lucy Wood with Misty
- Red Lodge with Misty
- Malvern Hills photos of our late cat Misty in the Malverns and surrounding area.
Top of page
© 2005-2017 Richard Torrens.
Document URL: www.torrens.org/Cats/Walks/index.html
Last modified: 2016